Music for Life for Everyone.
"At the core of my teaching philosophy lies the belief that ALL people should be encouraged to make music regardless of age, skill level or formal training. As teachers, it's our job to provide guidance and instruction based on our student's desires and needs - not the other way around. I believe in a broad-based approach to music education whereby students learn not only performance techniques, but many other aspects of musicianship and performing that are often overlooked by music teachers."
- Beginning flute and piano
- Intermediate flute and piano
- Advanced flute
- Use of electronic effects, amplification, digital recording and other technological subjects
- The music business The recording industry How it all works - really
- Jazz interpretation and styling
- Vocal jazz
- Stylistic considerations when playing other musical genres
- Basic music theory and ear training
Mr. Leighton provides a number of options for your educational or concert needs as listed below. As a Yamaha Performing Artist, he has access to support from the Yamaha corporation to aid in making educational events more affordable. Please contact him via the "Contact" page for more detailed information.
Short concert followed by masterclass (approx. 3hr)
Jazz Band/Choir Concert
8 hrs rehearsal with group over 2 days followed by concert featuring Mr. Leighton performing with group.
An eclectic, entertaining program for all ages. Jazz, Classical, Pop, R&B, and much more . . .